The Garden Journal
Spring is Here - Planting Dahlias! Spring Plant Sale details
April 1, 2022
I can’t think of anything more thrilling than to be on the hunt for plants to fill in your gardens, and getting the gardens ready for the season of blooms and produce ahead! Whatever your passion, we have a little something for everyone…
Laughing Goat Botanical Gardens is a registered botanical garden in the United States, and we are diligently working on upgrading public access areas, gardens, as well as our plant collections on offer.
We are also a registered and licensed nursery in the state of Washington, which comes with certain responsibilities. Please only shop from certified nurseries when you buy plants, to make sure the companies are safeguarding plant collections from invasive species, and following best practices.
One thing that sets us apart from some commercial growers and nurseries, is that the plants we grow on site are planted in certified-organic potting soils, and completely pesticide-free. No harmful chemicals that can potentially harm bees, birds, pets, or waterways are ever used in our operation at any stage in our process.
We also do not spray growth hormones and regulators on our plants. These are synthetic compounds made to mimic plant hormones that induce or limit growth. So, our plants might not be in full bloom like those at another nurseries, because they have not been sprayed with a chemical to force them into that stage. That doesn’t mean our plants aren’t healthy or won’t bloom - they will in their natural time.
The Garden Shop will be open on April 15-16 for both our Spring Plant Sale, as well as Easter florals for your tables (grown on site), holiday items and our regular line-up of curated garden and home goods that we are so proud to carry. We’d love your support, and think our plants are worth checking out - each one planted and grown with love. Hours on Friday, April 15 are 2pm - 6pm, and Saturday, April 16 from 10am - 4pm.
- Direct Sow Summer Annuals - when soil is warm/after last frost in your area.
- Start Transplanting Tender Annuals - when soil is warm/after last frost in your area.
- Plant Dahlia Tubers - after last frost.
- Finish Pruning Roses.
- Pre-Order Tulips & other Fall Bulbs - make lists of ones you love!
- Stay on top of weeds.
- Support your local farms. Plan day trips to visit local farms that are open to visitors.
- Enjoy the Spring Awakening!
Stay Tuned for Upcoming Events
- BOLD ITEMS are ON-SITE Events
- Dahlia Sale Online - ongoing (tubers will be in shop)
- Last Spring Frost Projected - April 5
- Garden Shop Open: April 15-16
- Garden Shop & Plant Sale: April 15 from 2pm - 6pm
- Garden Shop & Plant Sale: April 16 from 10am - 4pm
- Easter - April 17
- Plant Dahlias! Aim for April 15 - May 1
- Mother’s Day Event - Details coming (May 7)
- Peony Sip & Stroll - Dates TBD
- Gardens Open: TBD
- Farm to Table Dinner will be back in 2022!
- Classes & Workshops will be announced via the website, with sign-ups there, along with Garden Shop hours.